Tuesday, January 1, 2013

One year gone but a new beginning ahead

December 23, 2012 - January 1, 2013

We spent a few days at Markham in spot A 1. Again, it wasn't my favorite spot. Shady yes, but it's location to the bathrooms was not ideal. We have our own bathroom so there wasn't any need to use he community bathrooms. Other people however aren't as lucky as we are and needed to visit the building often. It seemed to upset Taylor every time someone approached our area. I had also mentioned in a previous blog the poor views. Every window opened to an RV, a building, a car, etc. We had become spoiled with our first gorgeous lake view or our rolling fields.

Jason had spent an entire day searching for my Christmas present. He came home and shamelessly mentioned that he spent the whole day apart from me and wasn't able to find what he wanted to buy me. Days later, he had planned to go shopping again for my gift. Before he left he tells me that he rather I go with him shopping so 1. we don't spend the day apart again and 2. so I get to enjoy the shopping experience also. We went to the mall 2 days prior to Christmas. I thought it would be crazy, but thank goodness it wasn't. A few stores later, we stumbled into Gordon's jewelers. I looked around and found a few rings that I liked. I just love chunky rings. Once I picked out a few options, Jason asked me to leave the store. He was going to select the ring for me. A half hour later we met up and headed home. He wasn't able to hold onto the surprise very long. As soon as we got in the RV he handed me the ring box. My nerves were quite intense. I was nervous to see which ring he picked. I opened the box and saw a gorgeous smoky quartz stone ring. I thought my reaction was great. I was very happy with the ring he picked. Was I thinking about the possibility of a different ring? Yes. However, I was very happy with the one he picked. Jason asked me if I preferred a different ring. . . I didn't know what to say. I didn't want to say yes and risk hurting his feelings. I think I just looked at him and didn't say anything. Before I could respond, Jason pulled out another ring from his pocket. I could not believe it. He bought me two rings. . . and yes, the second one was the one I was secretly hoping for. Such a great hubby!

Christmas Eve was fast approaching. We had plans to spend the evening at my dad and Tammie's for our family party. Maggie, Ryan, and Hannah stopped by the RV on their way over. It was nice having them there. We love having company. They seemed to be fairly impressed with the comfort ability and the size of our RV. I think everyone is. To me it is our house. It's comfortable and cozy. It's very homey.

On our way over to dad's, Jason wanted to drive by our old house. It was a bit weird for me driving down the road. It felt familiar, but I wasn't comfortable. I had a pit in my stomach. Jason said he felt fine. We pulled up to the house and Taylor seemed to get a bit antsy, almost as if she knew where we were and that we should be getting out of the car and going 'home.' Jason felt bad that he upset her, so we left. They had the palm trees wrapped in lights and a few lawn ornaments out.

Christmas Eve was great. We had hours of time with family, tons of pictures and smiles, and great food. We were only missing Tara's boyfriend Justin. I love watching Jason interact with my family. He conversates with everyone. He brings laughter to conversations. He just makes me smile. . . Ok. . . praising of husband is over :)

Christmas day, Jason worked. I came back over to my dad's to celebrate with the kids. We exchanged gifts and had breakfast. The guys wanted all the wives to visit the station for Christmas dinner. 3:00pm I arrived with desserts in hand. Jason and I played a few games of foosball while we waited for all of the family members to arrive. The foosball table used to be at our 8860 house. When moving, we had nowhere for it to go and Jason thought it would be perfect at the station. The guys really love it. Jason actually beat me. He never has before, but he finally did because of all the practice he has had at the station. Dinner was delicious. I love the conversations that come up at that table. I was the proud little wife sitting next to my 'head of the table' husband. Catch phrase is our new go to game. It got pretty competitive in that room. I was glad I got to spend sometime with Jason on Christmas.

I left and went back to dad's house. I was just in time to see Grammy and Poppy, Tee and Teresa before they left for the night. I stayed the night. I didn't want to be by myself on Christmas. Taylor of course was with me.

Jason came home the morning of the 26th and we packed the RV up and left for Cape Coral. The wind was extremely strong on the drive over. Jason had a hard time keeping the RV straight. The distance was much shorter than our trip to Ocala. Only 2 1/2 hours this time. We actually arrived and were able to set up camp in the day time. It was our first time ever. Every other time has been at night. Sometimes even in the rain at night.

Of course Jason's family was excited to see our new house. I of course want it to be all set up and unpack prior to people seeing it for the first time. We finally settled in and were able to host 14 people in the RV. Jason's family all came over to see the RV. I am always surprised to see how many people can fit and also how roomy it is. Our trip was spent with his family members eating great food, talking, playing games, and exchanging gifts. Some of Jason's family from North Florida and Georgia even came down for the holidays. The last night in town, we went to his aunt and uncle's house for a family dinner. It was really nice spending time with them. The though of living in Naples is nice knowing they are only 35 minutes away.

We pulled into Markham park around midnight and set up camp. Another time setting up in the dark. Our next few days were spent unpacking and getting back in the swing of things. Thank goodness we were back to a familiar site with nice views and privacy. Tara and Justin came over to visit. Justin brought his dad to see the RV and go mountain biking with Jason. The boys had a blast. That night Justin, Tara, Jason, and I went for a bike ride to the gas station to stock up on beer. An 18 pack later, everyone was starving. Pizza and fried dumplings hit the spot.

Taylor woke me up 3 times in 1 night to go outside. I was starting to get upset with her. Come to find out, she is urinating blood and I think has a UTI. Of course with the New Year holiday, the vet is closed. I can't afford to take her to the 24 hour emergency. I've just been monitoring her urine and giving a ton of liquids. She is going # 2 normally, eating and acting like normal. She doesn't seem to be in any discomfort. I will bring her to the vet as soon as they open back up.

Jason had to work New Years Eve nigh at the Hard Rock. I am kind of getting used to spending holidays by myself. Of course I have a get a massive soar throat and have absolutely no desire to be amongst a bunch of drunk idiots. To dad's I go. Dinner at Longhorn and a countdown with family is always better than staying at home by yourself.

2012 was a year of change for us. We finally gained the courage to sell our house. It was a hard decision, but I am so proud of us for doing it. I had a year of spending time with my sister. She and I were finally in the same city again for 2012. Jason and I purchased an RV and set out for a more relaxed, less stressful, and more cost conscious life. I have quit my job which although provided us with a steady income, it caused me much stress and upset. Again, another scary decision but no regrets. My husband has allowed me to become a home maker full time and pursue my passion for photography. I have never felt as desired professionally as I do now. I am truly blown away by the response to my work.
For 2013 I pray for guidance. I hope Jason and I are able to find a city that we gravitate to. A place where we feel we can raise children the way we imagine. After a home, maybe a baby. For 2013 I just hope for health and happiness. I know it's cliche, but it is true. I just want my little family to be happy. I will miss living down the street from family and seeing Tara multiple times a week. I know that 2013 will bring us emotionally closer even if it is physically further. 2013 will be a year of opportunity that I am excited to discover.

Happy New Year everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment