Saturday, January 19, 2013

No way in h***

Thursday, January 17, 2013

As I sat here editing pictures on Thursday, I realized at 3pm that we would not be able to move the RV the next day to our new spot. Jason would be working and there is no way in h*** I would be able to move this thing by myself. We rushed on our bikes to the office and pleaded with the lady to move us. After moving 2 other people, we were able to find an emergency spot. The camp office staff and map makers are funny characters. They sold us on a 'large' spot with only 5 sites in the whole circle. Sounds good. Looking at the map showed it to be a great spot as well. . . What a crock of crap! The smallest site ever, no parking space, faces the RV next to us, and right next to the bathroom building which means people walking through our site to get to them and the buildings bright lights shining through our bedroom window as we try to sleep. PERFECT! We booked this spot for a 3 night stay before we move over to the spot we originally were moving to. I can deal with this tiny thing for 3 nights, but not for the month we booked in February.

Friday, January 18, 2013

First thing in the morning I drove right over to the office and switched our February spot. February - March will force us to move twice, but it will be to 3 amazing sites. One site boasts a large open field area on the water with a large shade tree, one with a double paved site and large water view, and the other on the end completely surrounded and secluded by trees. Those should be really enjoyable. Although a bit of a pain moving the rv around, the new surroundings are nice.

I'm learning that one of the most difficult things about RVing is knowing you have something but it's not with you. Tara's boyfriend Justin is graduating fire academy Saturday. I need to wear something nice, but are limited on the dress selection here in the RV. I know I have plenty more, but they are packed away. Heels? I have no clue where those are. . . Do I go out and buy a whole new outfit including shoes or do I just try to find something cute to wear that I have here? What a dilemma.

I spent a majority of my day at dad and Tammie's house. I tend to do that while Jason is at work. It's my time to get all of our errands done. Tara and Justin were kind enough to let me join them for dinner. Sushi Sogo we went. One of my favorites! I haven't been there since before we sold the house, but the employees still greeted me by name. After full bellies. . . there was only one thing we needed. Ice cream! To Coldstones we went.

I returned to the campsite to find a park full of tents and parties going late into the night. Of course our neighbors just so happen to be one of those parties. In fact, of the 5 sites in our circle, 3 were taken up by tents from this one party. Great! Although loud, they seemed to be tolerable and well behaved. I think after being in the park for 2 months has turned me into an old person. I don't like noises :)

Saturday, January 19, 2013


I woke up this morning to the screams of little children riding their bikes around our circle. When peaking my head out the door, it showed our neighbors all up and moving around. The rain forced a lot of them into the tents while others mustered up enough strength to cook breakfast on the camp grill. It was so nice being able to make a cup of coffee and take it out on Taylor's walk. I felt a bit bad that I was perfectly warm and dry with coffee in hand. Oh well. Tent camping sucks. Everyone knows that. There's no way in h*** I would tent camp ever again.

For now I prep for Justin's ceremony tonight. Jason was asked to give the certificate to Justin. It should be a Kodak moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment