Thursday, January 17, 2013

2 months and counting

Yesterday marked the 2 month anniversary since we took this adventure on. It's been 2 months since we lived in a cbs constructed home planted in the middle of the city. Our new home may be made of fiberglass, but we are parked in the middle of heaven. How did you spend your day yesterday? Stuck at a 9-5, working stressfully, coming home to a dirty house full of chores? Our day was spent sleeping until 9am, a long morning walk through the woods with the dog, home for breakfast, quick oil change in my car, out to storage to search for a few things, home for lunch, then off to primitive camping (usually just a tent area without electricity or water) for a quick workout with my honey. I have already given up coca cola and fried foods as of January 1st. I plan to keep up with this goal for 90 days and then give something else up. It's my 'Get fit before BABY' plan. After working out, why not go ride bikes. . . Off we went around Markham and then onto the mountain biking trails. Last time I was on the trails I fell only to look up to a laughing and pointing husband. I swore I would never do it again. That cute little face and his "just trust me" line got me to the trails. Off course I knew I couldn't trust him as he took me on 3 separate trails. Luckily I didn't fall, only my bike did. I did make it out alive :) Always a good thing. On the way home from the trails we stopped to admire the sunset. The sky was just gorgeous. At home (8860) we would never have 'stopped to smell the roses.' Here we do. Just taking a second to stop and take in the beauty we would have normally passed by is just so much confirmation that we made the right choice. So while everyone was working, stressing, cleaning, etc., Jason and I were enjoying life. We topped off the night with Jason going to jiu jitsu (first time in over a year), me editing pictures from the shoot the other day, and bowls of ice cream while we sat in our recliners. Yes, Taylor got her Frosty Paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment