Tuesday, January 8, 2013

On a constant trip


January 7, 2013


Jason came home from work this morning feeling like a completely different person. He said those first few days were just unbearable. Although still congested and stuffy, he is feeling a ton better. I have stopped taking my antibiotics. Thank goodness my throat is better. More so, thanks to my dad for never ever throwing any medication away. Antibiotics on hand anytime. If we just continue down the line, Taylor is feeling better as well. I did accidentally miss her antibiotic dose last night. Her constant desire to be outside and on walks all day through me off my schedule.

I know we originally wanted to travel travel travel. It’s funny how even when in the RV our daily life creeps up on us. The holidays were all spent traveling, but when a trip to Ocala costs almost $400 in gas, it’s hard to envision going much further. We will eventually save up and plan a far away destination, a trip of a lifetime. Plus, traveling during the winter isn’t ideal with slick roads and having to worry about a frozen under carriage.

Our Markham life is an amazing one. I wish it were a community with actual homes because I would buy here in a second. I know however with clear eyes that a community of this size and with these amenities would also come with a high costing hoa. After stumbling through the woods on our walk we were greeted with an open path that ran a perimeter around a lake. Jason, Taylor, and I walked catching up on work things, friends, etc. It was so nice to be outside with an unknown destination. Taylor wanted to wonder into the woods then in we went. I felt like I was in Fern Gully, surrounded by high trees, moss, and not a soul in site. It was such a peaceful feeling.

A last minute bike ride lead us to a levy that separated civilization from the everglades. If that wasn’t enticing enough, try doing it at sunset. The colors were breath taking. I road up the hill and just stopped. Jason and I paused a moment and just took it all in. We talked about how so many people travel south for the beach and yet we were viewing something just a beautiful, maybe even more. I didn’t bring my camera for fear of breaking it on our trail ride, but I definitely found my new photography location. Will bring my quick snap with us on our ride today.

The Bachelor started last night. Thank goodness it is on one of the channels we get. Early predictions are as followed; AshLee the organizer is my front-runner. She is just the cutest. Lets hope she doesn’t loose her marbles along the journey like most do. I like Diana (2 kids), and Leslee the Ford model. I like Amanda and not just for her name J I like how she made them get their awkward silence out of the way. Thought that was a cute idea. Jason says she has huge teeth. No, he wasn’t watching it. He actually was outside building a fire and drinking beer. He had just stumbled inside for another beer and heard me say I liked her. Did I mention I found a bunch of wood in bulk trash pick up around my parent’s community? Score!

Our wedding anniversary is November 7th . . . Yes I know it already passed. Jason and I have taken an anniversary trip the first 2 years of our marriage. Year one was to Savannah, GA and year two we visited Washington D.C. We had plans for our third anniversary to visit somewhere great, but with the move taking up all of our time and money, we missed our opportunity. Because of my personality, I just couldn’t wrap my head around having gone on a trip year 1 and 2 but skipping year 3. It drives me crazy now, I can’t imagine year 19 stating everywhere we have been minus year 3. We have decided to not set our sites so far and extreme. After all, Jason is going on a guy trip to Colorado soon. While visiting Savannah, we stayed in the nicest hotel I have ever stepped foot into called Mansion. It is part of the Marriot Kessler collection. They just so happen to have a sister hotel in St. Augustine. Seeing as Jason and I have never been there together, that it is within driving distance, and a great city to wonder around in and be romantic, we thought it was a perfect quick getaway. It will allow us to take that much needed marriage recharging trip and still count as a 3rd anniversary destination. Now my brain can relax. We will be booking our trip as soon as Jason gets home from a work meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment