Saturday, January 5, 2013

Blonde moment. . . must be the meds

Jason asked me to start looking into RV parks in the Keys for an upcoming trip. Parks in the Keys tend to be very dated, expensive, etc. So when I stumbled across this one park The Low Key Hideaway Motel. After falling completely in love with the place, even mapping it out, I emailed them showing interest in visiting their little slice of heaven on Earth. Not until after my email was sent did I realize Cedar Key, FL was in fact not in the Keys but rather in the Tampa area. . . Blonde moment for sure.

I emailed again with my tail between my legs claiming my innocence. Although not in the Keys, I do really want to visit them and their park. It's amazing what kind of connection and admiration you develop for fellow RVers. Just reading a few blogs, I have been able to connect with a great group of people. These people are similar to us. I figured all RVers were retired and older. To my amazement, we have found young couples, people who travel with children (Road Map to Nomad), adventure seekers (Every Miles a Memory), etc. Everyone seems to be so friendly on the road. . . all except our current neighbor.

Taylor wondered over to a portion of this guy's site while we all sat outside. She did happen to go # 1 over there and then walk back to us. The guy runs out to the spot where Taylor went with a bag, expecting to pick up # 2. I was so insulted that this guy thought I would allow my dog to go # 2 in his area, not pick it up, and leave him to do it. Not to mention. . . our first couple of encounters with him were so pleasant either.

RV etiquette. . .
1. When waving to a fellow camper, WAVE BACK! It wouldn't kill you to be friendly. After all, we are all on vacation.

2. When the circle we parked in is not supplied with fire rings and you have a brand new one sitting on your spot, it is common courtesy to allow your neighbor to borrow it when they ask. I don't care if you requested it. You aren't using it and we need one. I'll spit shine it and give it right back.

Goodness gracious. Because we didn't have a fire ring, Jason and Justin's brilliant idea to take the grill top off and lay it on the ground as a make-shift fire ring caused us to get in trouble by the park ranger.

Although I like this spot a lot and it lush rolling field view, I can do with out the pissy neighbor. . . and the dozens of spiders I have had to smash.

No comments:

Post a Comment