Tuesday, January 29, 2013

So proud of us

Justin's ceremony was great. Jason was a bit nervous to walk up on stage. It's always a bit nerve racking to do something you've never done before in front of tons of people and cameras. He ended up doing fantastic. A quick hug with Justin and the passing of the certificate. Boy could I tell Justin wasn't my husband. My husband knows when partaking in a special Kodak moment, you stop and pose prior to pressing onward. He ran up there and ran off quicker than my camera could capture. It's a good thing I brought my good camera. . . I would have not been able to capture anything without it.





After the ceremony, we went to Justin's house for pizza and cookie cake. It was really nice getting to meet his friends and family.

Wednesday, January 23

Colin turned 15 today. I can't believe it. 15! Tammie made hot chicken for dinner :) My favorite. It was nice to be able to get together for the festivities. If we end up moving to Naples, these events will be more difficult.

Thursday, January 24 - Saturday, January 26

Jason put a team together for the first annual East RIT competition in Daytona. I had planned on traveling to the competition, but couldn't see driving to my mom's in Jacksonville and back tracking an hour and a half both days to Daytona. We were only able to talk a few times while he was away and for a very brief period. They passed day 1 and made it to round 2. A random onlooker captured a quick video from the first day. Jason is the guy in the back with the red helmet. 

The second day, only 3 teams remained. Jason and his team were first up. Jason told me stories of losing his tool and using a 2 X 4 to bust through the dry wall. He said people in the stands were loving it. They ended up coming in 2nd place (so proud of him). They should have taken 1st, but because the competition was put on by Seminole, they didn't want to make it seemed rigged.

Sunday, January 27 - Tuesday, January 29

Jason and I have been enjoying our couple days together. I had the urge for a baby. I was trying to figure out how it would work with having a new baby in the RV. I thought. . . if we just move out one recliner we could put a pack and play. . . I know people have children in RV's. I think I probably couldn't mentally do it. I have to have a separate room for the baby, laundry room, dishwasher, etc. So baby plans are on hold for now. Doesn't mean I don't want one still :) I guess it's easy to want a baby when you love the person it would be with.

Jason is getting ready to leave for a week long trip to Colorado. I will take off to my mom's for the week with Taylor. The RV will go to a storage unit while we are gone. I brought up the fact that if we were still at the house, we would have no money and Jason wouldn't be able to go on his trip. It's amazing what a little extra cash can do. I am glad he gets the chance to spend time with the guys and relax. I know he loved going 2 years ago. I am happy to spend some time with my mom, Sean, and Dusty. 

I sat here the other day so happy that I said yes to Jason's crazy idea of selling everything and moving into an RV. Being away from the craziness of the city really allows us to remember what is important. 


It's so funny how God works. I have realized over the past couple of days that when we try to plan our lives, it never works out. He has a plan for us and it eventually falls into play. Our life is about to take an amazing turn for the better and I am so glad and proud of us that we are along for this incredible ride. Things are really just falling into place :)

No comments:

Post a Comment