Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Vacation Mode

It is getting harder and harder to write my blog as the holiday get closer. Seems like I am going into vacation mode (I'm always on vacation). This year was fairly easy. I didn't buy many gifts. A lot of our family agreed to NO gifts. It takes the pressure off and definitely saves money. Everyone asks us if we have been saving a ton of money now that we are in the RV. Oddly enough. . . no. There are so many accessories needed to go along with the 5th wheel. We have been sending so much. The good thing though is we have the money to spend whereas before, we were scrounging by. The few Christmas gifts we did buy have taken up a bit of money as well. Hopefully as soon as the holidays are over, we will start saving a ton.

Last night Jason and I joined our friends Jackie and Justin for our 3rd annual holiday dinner. We were down one couple this year, but we glad to carry the tradition on even if it was only a double date. True friends are so hard to find.

Today Jason and I enjoyed an early lunch at our favorite spot Panera. I just can't get enough of it. I even got a "You look really pretty" from Jason. I guess I should do my hair more often :) Taylor enjoyed her hour at the dog park. Soon we are off to my parents to do a load of laundry and Jason will attend a jiu jitsu class tonight. It will be his first time back in almost a year. Injuries to his shoulder and ankle have kept him away. I think Miss Universe tonight is calling my name. Probably because we only get a few options and it's one of the only channels in English.

I am not crazy about our new spot. We had the option of 3 different ones and Jason thought this would be the best because of its proximity to the dog park. It is nice to be able to walk to the park rather than loading the car and driving, but I can't seem to be able to open a window without seeing a building or RV. Our other 2 sites had amazing views and were very private. I get to pick the next spot :)


No comments:

Post a Comment