Saturday, December 1, 2012

@ home with a newborn

November 30, 2012

Jason had to work today so Taylor and I were on our own. I had a photo shoot later in the day so the first art was consumed with deleting old shoots off my camera, making breakfast and lunch, taking Taylor to the dog park to wipe her out, and get ready for the shoot. The weather wasn't looking to good while I sat at the dog park. I grew worried about the shoot. Luckily when 3 pm came around the weather miraculously started getting better.

The shoot went well. It went very quickly. When working with a 1 year old and a 7 year old, you have to move fast. I have been asked not to post any pics of this shoot until after the holidays. Completely understandable. These pics will make a great gift. The only issue with the photo shoot was Taylor. Because Candice brought a truck full of props, I wanted to stay fairly close in proximity to the RV. Not a good idea. Taylor apparently could see us the whole time thus making her howl throughout the whole shoot.

I kind of lost it for a few moments later on in the night. Here it is Friday night and I am stuck in an RV by myself with a separation anxiety ridden dog who can't bare a second without me. I felt like I had a completely dependent newborn baby. I had Christmas shopping to do while Jason was away at work but wasn't comfortable with leaving Taylor in the RV alone. She would either howl the whole time and bother our neighbors (the walls aren't very thick) or she would mess things up like the screen and window treatments again. Jason suggested taking off to my dad and Tam's house dropping Taylor off before I ran my errands. When I got to their house, no one was home. Jason just so happened to take their house key off of my key ring leaving me no easy way to get into the house. That was all fine and dandy until it started raining and Taylor began freaking out because she was getting wet. Perfect. Nothing can just be easy I guess. I finally was able to find a way in and kind of enjoyed the idea of sitting and catching up on some of my favorite shows I recorder on their DVR. Long story short. . . I ended up watching my Real housewives and Giuliana and Bill episodes thus missing Target but getting to spend time with everyone. Pizza always makes things better.

It was a bit nerve racking coming back to a dark county park. I left all of the RV lights on so it would be a bit more lit. I expressed my nerves about returning home for the night alone to Jason. I think I made him feel a little bad. When I walked into the RV. . . it was just magical. I felt so 'at home.' The Christmas tree was lit. The fireplace was on. The RV was the perfect temperature to snuggle up in the covers. I called Jason and told him the good news. I think he felt relieved.

December 1, 2012

I forgot to mention that one of our favorite neighbors Al stopped by Markham the other day and surprised us. He knew we were out here and brought his dog Foxy to the dog park. He found our cars, knocked on our RV door, and completely surprised us. He literally surprised us seeing as we were sleeping still.

Another day out here at Markham. I have a day of errands and editing in store for me. Everyone pray for me and more so Taylor. I pray she lets me get out of the RV for my shopping. I hope I don't come back to a completely destroyed house.

No comments:

Post a Comment