Thursday, December 6, 2012

Working like crazy

Oh my goodness. It's been quite a while since my last post. I have been a busy girl. Friday I had a photo shoot here at Markham. I had the pleasure of 'shooting' two beautiful little girls and one loving momma. It was such a fun photo shoot. I then had another shoot on Sunday, this time at my favorite Robbin's park. This shoot was a bit more intense, but just as fun. Not only did I 'shoot' a cute little boy and his parents, but their parents as well. It was a great family affair.

After the photo shoot on Sunday I stopped by the old house. I had emailed the family asking about our mail and making sure they were settling in alright. Ellie invited me over the house. She jokingly told us to bring a paint brush. Jason wasn't able to go just yet. He thought it would be just too hard still. I managed to make my way over there. It was extremely weird being back there again. It was the same house of course, just with different things inside of it. They hadn't had any time to unpack yet. There were boxes everywhere. The kids seemed to be loving the house. They had to show me their rooms and how they were decorated. Super cute! They ripped up the carpet in the master and the end room. They are putting laminate wood down. They already painted the back room (2 tone blue), master (a southwestern tan), and guest bathroom (dark blue). They put up a chain link fence in the back yard along the canal (safety reasons with the kids). It was definitely a different look. The dad opened the sliding glass door in the back. It was a weird moment. I remembered exactly what that sounded like. It sparked a few memories. Jason would not have been able to handle the changes. When I went back home and told him of the changes he seemed to have a negative reaction, even stating that it was too soon to see it all changed.

Jason has been working like crazy. I hate when he is gone for long spans. It's that much harder to get back into the groove of things once he is back home. We kind of establish our own ways of doing things when we are apart that are hard to merge back with one another once back together :( We are much better after just one day apart.

My days have been spent editing photos, Christmas shopping, taking the dog to the park, and running errands. Jason and I thought tiki torches would add a great deal of ambiance to the camp site. Do you know how hard it is to find tiki torches during December? HARD! I finally found them in a far away neighborhood at a Lowes. I absolutely love them and the way they make the site look.

Tara and Justin ate dinner over the other night. I wasn't expecting the visit, but it was definitely welcomed. Pork, rice, grilled squash, and ginger salad always does the trick.

We have been planning a few trips. Jason is going to Colorado with the guys for his 30th and we are still trying to decide on our annual anniversary trip (even though our anniversary was back in November). Trying to figure out if we want to go to Chicago, New York, or this great lodge we found in Asheville, North Carolina. Anyone have any thoughts on those locations? We would fly and just stay a few nights.

Tomorrow night Justin, Tara, Jason, and I are going to light up Cooper City. It's becoming a tradition. Kind of like Founder's Day. We will then go out to dinner and watch a movie here at the RV. It should be fun.





No comments:

Post a Comment