Thursday, November 29, 2012

Business Card Anyone?

My grandparents have been RVing for years. They created a business card with their information to pass out to people they meet throughout their travels. I don't know why I didn't think of doing this before even buying the RV. That isn't like me to forget such a fun and creative idea. After meeting our second set of neighbors; Randy, Tina, Cocoa, Cinnamon, and Cookie, I thought "Wow. I would really like to keep in touch with these people, but not give them our full information." Laying in bed last night I was reminded of the business card idea. . . So of course I woke up this morning and spent a bit of time creating our very own card to pass out to perspective friends.

I recommend anyone who has been brave enough to try RVing to go a step further and make one of these. I used http://www.vistaprint.com/ and got them fairly cheap. 250 cards for $10. Not too bad!

I have been being very lazy with the trash here at the campsite. You are suppose to leave your bag out front so the camp 'janitor' can drive around in her golf cart and pick it up. Easy enough. Well I like to just sit it outside of our camper door in this make-shift garbage we created using a laundry basket. 
Well. . . the raccoons love that I did that as they feasted all night long on our leftovers and even better decided to string our garbage all over our site. Because Jason had a doctor's appointment this morning, I was left to pick up all of my laziness. 

A little issue I am seeming to have (and only me by the way) is the shower. Whenever I take a shower, I seem to get water up underneath the shower walls, into the pan, thus soaking the whole bathroom floor. I have run in after one of Jason's showers to inspect and nothing. Not one drop of water. Only me. I think we may need to run a line of silicon sealer along the bottom of the shower stall to prohibit it from happening. I didn't think I showered funny. Maybe I do.

We have an anthem to our thus set journey and travels. There is a song by Phillip Phillips called HOME that we just fell in love with. I blogged about it in the past when we heard it driving home from the closing of our house. It has truly become almost like a traveling motto to us. Jason has been trying hard to learn the song on the guitar (he is almost there) and I even had my mom order us something special for Christmas that goes along with the song. Here is a link to the song. . .
I am obsessed!!! Apparently he was the 2011 American Idol winner and this song was the theme song for the 2012 Olympics (that I also obsessed over). Who knew? I guess I should pay attention more :)

2 comments:

  1. OMG we are so alike. I have been jammin to that song the past wee, thinking....this is a great theme song for life right now! And to top it off I designed our "personal" card for when we are on the road the other day. We are living parallel lifes!--Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny. I think we are on the same wave length. It's funny with this life we are creating that our worries are about creating communication cards and finding theme songs.
    - Amanda

    ReplyDelete