Monday, November 26, 2012

Parkham' @ Markham

It was a bit bizarre waking up Thanksgiving morning in our RV. Our first official holiday out of the house felt a little unsettling. I usually have the house all decorated for each and every holiday. Without any decorations, it didn't feel like Thanksgiving. Jason and I went over Grammy and Poppy's house for the holiday. I left early so I would be on time. I left Jason (not dressed at 2:40pm and have to be there by 3pm. . .) to drop the dog off at Dad and Tam's. Didn't want to leave her in the RV for that long of a time frame. We have to start her off with short trips. Side note; she was so hoarse from howling while we were gone the first week. Of course I was the first one to Grammy's. She seemed happy with the large pumpkin pie and specialty cupcakes I brought for dessert. Jason's only job was to drop the dog off at dad and Tam's, pick up the whipped cream in the fridge, and come over to the house. 45 minutes after 3pm Jason, dad, Tam, and the kids show up. . . with a new type of whipped cream. Apparently Jason forgot the whipped cream and asked if they could stop at a gas station. The one job he had!!!

Dinner was great. Grammy is such a good cook. Tara and Justin were visiting with his family, so they joined us half way through. There is nothing better than sitting at Thanksgiving dinner and having your stepmother's mom talk to you and your husband about her travels in an RV and how she used to go to bike week. That would be a great conversation. . . until she brings up riding around naked with all the other old people on their bikes. Not something I am wanting to picture right about now, but thanks for the visual and uncomfortableness you have now created.

Catch phrase is always a blast with out family. I don't think you can have a bad time playing that game, no matter who it is played with. I realized we have a few cheaters in the family though, but I won't mention any names.

Jason and I left Grammy's and decided to stop at Target (black 'Friday shopping). I was shocked that Jason even agreed to go with me. It actually wasn't bad according to Jason. We ended up buying a tv for the RV bedroom. I am such a tv person, I needed one in there.

We woke up at 5:30am Friday morning. Jason had to be to work at 7:15am. I could not believe I was awake before the sun. It did make for a gorgeous picture. I am actually glad he woke me up so early because it took us 1 hour and 15 minutes to put everything away, lock, latch, pull the slides in, hook up, and take off. Hopefully we can get better at doing that so our time goes down. I can't get up that early every time we have to move.

Monday, November 26, 2012

We are now back at Markham park after 3 nights/4 days off. Jason worked 72 hours straight while I stayed at my dad and Tammie's. It was a tad difficult staying there. As an adult, you want your own space and your own things. I actually missed the RV bed. It was hard to live out of a bag. Luckily I was able to do 2 loads of laundry there while I visited. It was nice to visit with Dad, Tam, and the kids.

Setting up at Markham was fairly easy. This time we reserved a pull through spot completely asphalted. I was a lot easier to level and stabilize the jacks. Jason and I were a bit cranky. 4 days off from one another is tough. It's hard to get in the swing of things again. Taylor settled right in. She waisted no time claiming her recliner back. Our new spot seems a lot less 'buggy.' Our first spot was full of bugs. They actually made me so mad. They would all come in when we would open the door. I am praying that they do not come in at our new spot. Although we loved the trees, bushes, and shade, Jason and I feel that they were the major reason for all of the bugs. Our new spot has a lot less trees and shrubs.

For now, Jason and Taylor are resting. I am blogging of course. Planning on putting up our mini 4 foot Christmas tree and decorate the RV. Going to start writing our Christmas cards soon and planning out our calendar. A cup of coffee is definitely in my near future.

Excited to see Michelle, Candice, and Tara tomorrow night. They are all planning on making a quick stop out to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment