Tuesday, November 27, 2012

What a Ruckus

We left to run errands for a couple of hours yesterday. We had lunch at Panera (like usual). Jason can't seem to pick a different restaurant. He tells me that we have to run by Honda so he can purchase a new boot for his 4 wheeler. It apparently was the reason the 4 wheeler was pulling while we were camping. While picking up the boot, there just happened to be a Honda Ruckus scooter there for sale and Jason just had to look at it. When he wants something he turns into Taylor. He gives me these puppy eyes and look like 'What do you think?' I think NO. I think you get everything you want. Would you be alright if I spent this much money this often on jewelry? He would not be happy. So a half hour later we are driving in the car. Come to find out he knew they had the scooter in store. He had been looking it up online and mentioned the $2,200 price tag online but $1,800 price in store. "You knew it was there the whole time? That is why we went there?" OMG. I could have killed him.

It happened. . . it was bound to happen and I am surprised it took this long. When returning from running errands, we were greeted by a howling beagle as we approached the RV. I was praying she hadn't been howling the entire time we were out. Our neighbors would hate us. Taylor decided while we were out to mess up almost all the shades in the RV. One shade refuses to stay in the upright position now. Only down! The blinds on the door (which had been fine but not able to rotate) are now completely crooked. This did not happen because of Taylor. No No No. This happened because my husband thought he could take them off, fix them, and put them back on. Great honey. Now both you and Taylor have messed up the window treatments. Perfect.

For today, my to do list is as follows;
1. Check in (we tend to not check in until day 2 for some reason)
2. Clean up the RV a bit. Finish getting the clean clothes away and the closet organized. I probably should wash the rest of the dishes also.
3. Take Taylor to the dog park for a bit (try and get her all nice and tired prior to leaving).

OMG a bird just flew into our front door window. Stupid bird you messed up my list order. Of course Taylor has to bark for 10 minutes now because of it. Thanks.

4. Maybe leave Taylor at the dog park. . . :)
5. Entertain Candice and Michelle for a bit (love guests).
6. Stop by Lowes to pick up a few tiki torches for out site.
7. Run to Sams for a bit of food shopping (love how I buy in bulk even with a mini fridge/freezer).
8. Back to the RV so I can start decorating for Christmas (Jason was too tired last night).
9. Cook our traditional tortellini dinner for Tara and I.
10. The Voice
11. Start writing out our Christmas cards (because I didn't do it yesterday).
12. Do my nails. They are a hot mess (trust me).

I don't know how I ever got any of this crap done when I was working. Oh yeah. . . I was a walking zombie. So attractive.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I can not wait to stop working! A Zombie is what I feel like most days too. Taking care of sweet baby Zoe, cleaning a 1800 sq.ft house, working full time and trying to write each day. Let's just say I feel your pain on the long TO DO List. Glad you guys are enjoying your new home, we are moving into the trailer on Dec 22! What a great way to spend Christmas. ~~Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monica,
    You will unfortunately have a mix of emotions once you guys move in. Excitement, then a feeling of being closterfobic, We had a whole plan of putting everything on Craigslist, selling it all, and getting a fair price for all of our treasures. For us it didn't work out. We ended up keeping things until the last minute, posting signs in the neighborhood, then having a friend post things for us. We ended up selling all our furniture for pennies. We truly didn't get anything for it. Here's hoping you guys do better than we did. Best of luck with the move. I can't wait to see pictures and here how it is going.
    -Amanda

    ReplyDelete