Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Visitors

Day 5 cont'd


What a day we had. It's so funny that we have more visitors out here at Markham than we ever had at our Cooper City house. Justin, Jackie, baby Emma, and their dog Jasper joined us around lunch time for a quick tour and then fun at the dog park. It was great catching up with them. Jackie really seemed to love our RV. She didn't give that generic, "Oh nice" expression. She pointed out almost everything she liked in detail. You can't fake that! It made me feel really good.



Dinner went well. Taco Tuesday is always a hit. We haven't had beef tacos in a while. We usually use fresh fish. Although the beef tacos got the job done, I think we will stick to fish tacos. So yummy. Jason even surprised me and did all of the dishes after dinner. Such a proud wife moment.

We went for a walk after dinner with Taylor. It's a shame that it gets dark now at 6 pm. I feel like the day ends so early. The exciting part for Jason was he got to test out his new flash light on the walk. The best part for me was seeing lightning bugs. Yes lightning bugs in Broward County. So awesome!!!


If our first set of visitors weren't awesome enough, we had a second set later at night. Jason's friend Oj stopped by with his little brother. They too couldn't believe the size of the RV. I think everyone is pleasantly surprised once they come over and see it. We aren't living in a tent. It's not a pop up camper. It's gorgeous and we love it. The consensus is that it is very warm and 'homey.' That it gives off a cabin feel.



I thought about things that I miss from the old house. . . There actually weren't as many things as I thought there would be. I think I mentioned already about missing the ability to open the back door and let Taylor out. This whole walking her for every potty break is horrible. Plus, walking in my pj's in the freezing cold sucks. Trying to cover up so the friendly older men don't see me is always challenging. Second thing I miss is my garbage disposal. I know it's silly, but when only liquids can go down the drain it becomes difficult when doing dishes. Jason said he misses his garage the most. Having all of his tools at his fingertips. We even had his buddy Justin bring a tool out with him because we didn't have it. Of course I miss things like my laundry room and the ability to do laundry anytime of day.

I do not miss the millions of acorns dropping from the trees. I do not miss cleaning a 2,700 sq ft house. I do not miss all of the junk mail. Now my dad and Tammie enjoy that.

I did come across a bit of a problem. I am in charge of desserts for Thanksgiving. When I went to the store to purchase desserts (I am not attempting to bake in my kitchen just yet) I realized that I didn't have enough room in the refrigerator to store them prior to bringing them. Bummer. . .

Today Jason and I will be traveling back to our old stopping ground to pick up a few things we left with the neighbors and to bring some gifts to those we already miss. Then off to Publix for those desserts. Maybe we will leave them in Dad and Tam's fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment