Tuesday, November 20, 2012

You bought a mini house

Day 4


It was my first day without Jason here with me. He unfortunately had to work. I wondered how I would feel all by myself here. Would I be nervous, scared, uneasy? Would I leave and go to my parents for the night? I woke up from a great nights sleep. Jason had the air on full blast at a low 68 degrees of course so the fireplace came in handy. It was just enough to get the chill out of the living room air. Taylor is just the cutest thing ever all snuggled up on the couch or recliner with her blanket. Pretty much every spot in the RV is hers. As long as she is comfy she can lay wherever she wants.

 My morning went pretty much as it normally would if we were at the house. I made a bite to eat, blogged a bit, and took Taylor out to pee. The only difference this time was that we walked to the dog park rather than around the block. There weren't very many dogs during the week.

I packed up a few of the expensive items from K & K RV store that we found for much cheaper at Wal Mart. I was able to return the items saving us $55. The people at the store didn't seem too happy about it. I wasn't too happy that they went to Wal Mart and jacked up the prices for their store. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice. . . that won't happen.

I ran a few errands while being in the city. Taylor got into the trash the night before eating burnt cookies and raw chicken. I was a bit nervous about her so I dropped her off at Dad and Tam's while I was out. She seemed excited to be coming back with mommy to our 'house.' Tara came over yet again. This time it was because I needed her to sleepover and take Jason's spot in the bed. Thank goodness one of my 10 channels got the Voice. I hadn't been able to watch it in so long. I can't believe Mackenzie was kicked off and I didn't even get to see it.



I made our usual tortellinis for dinner only I didn't have that many. Grilled cheese sandwiches helped fill our bellies along with another batch of chocolate chip cookies. Dishes are so easy to wash and put away when they are right in your face. There is no avoiding them when your kitchen is in your living room.

With any big purchase you are bound to find a flaw or two. I know when we bought my car we found a few things here and there that weren't perfect. Jason's truck had a foggy headlight that needed replacing. Of course I should expect something as big as an RV to have a few issues here and there. There is just so much you can look at during the demo and walk through. Our blinds on the front door had a few strings clipped which didn't allow the blinds to rotate, a bit of the linoleum seemed to not adhere to the floor, and the shower head holder was cracked. To all the RV owners and future buyers out there. . . our advice (actually Jason's) is to live in the unit for a month. He says write all the flaws down and then call the dealership to get them all repaired at once. If you are like us, your dealership isn't right around the corner. It would be more of a pain than anything to bring it there and back for every problem. I guess he is right. After all, it is under warranty for the next 2 years.

Day 5


I was awoken to Tara saying, "I feel like you bought a mini house." My response of course was, "We did." Everything is to scale, just in tighter quarters. It's not a mansion. I am actually happy we didn't buy a longer unit. Our RV seems to be a perfect fit thus far.

One thing I do miss is just being able to open the back door and let Taylor out. I now have to worry about finding shoes and a jacket and making sure my pajamas aren't too revealing. I wouldn't want any of our close neighbors to see the goods :)

Grandma and Grandpa Suggs stopped by today on their way home from the races at Homestead. They always have good advice when it comes to RVing. They stayed just a few minutes. Enough time to see the 5th wheel, check on the hook ups, etc. I am excited to see them for Christmas.


I'll try again today to get photos uploaded. Every time I plug my camera in I get a Communication Error message. For now I will just wait for Jason to get home. He had to pick up a few things from my dad's after work this morning. The best thing about staying local for the first week or two is all of our belongings are not too far away in case we forgot to bring a certain thing with us.

4 nights here already and not a fire yet. Hopefully tonight we can light one. Plus, it's Taco Tuesday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment