Thursday, May 30, 2013

Officially Moving On

We have officially left Markham park. Jason spent a few days on a family camping trip. I decided not to go with him. I originally thought it was a guys only trip, but later found out a few of the women in the family ended up going as well. I am glad he got the opportunity to spend time together with his family. 

While he was camping, I went and visited my cousin Maggie in Naples. We spent our time shopping, eating, and making decorations for her daughter Hannah's birthday party. I am excited to have her close by once we move over to the west coast. 

I ordered furniture for the new house while Jason was away. He told me I get free rein over the house and decorations. 




I just love the look of everything. When I picked Jason up from his camping trip, I showed him the pictures and then took him to see it all in person the next day. Thank goodness, he loved it too. 
He said he couldn't have picked it out better himself. That made me feel so good. Now I just have to figure out which colors to paint the walls.

Jason and I have been staying with my dad and Tammie on their couch bed. It's been more fun than I expected it to be (swimming in the pool, dog walks, dinners at the house, etc.). Jason and I even went shopping for a new lawn mower but ended up not getting it just yet. We will probably wait until we get over there for that purchase. We also found an amazing tool chest for the garage on Memorial Day special. Jason seemed pretty excited about it


The next step is getting the U-Haul on Sunday. We will pack it up the entire day and then take off towards the west coast at night. We'll sleep in our RV one last night (which is parked on Jason's dads' property) and then head to the house for the walk through on the 3rd. 

I will no longer be continuing my blog under Home Is Where Your Hitch Is (unless we decide to sell everything and go back to the RV full time. . . not going to happen), but referring back to my original blog;  Life of a Homemaker (http://lifeofahomemaker.blogspot.com/). Feel free to read along with all of new homeowner challenges and accomplishments.

I probably won't have time to blog between now and then, but I promise to pick it back up on Life of a Homemaker once we are moved in :)

No comments:

Post a Comment