Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Last night at Markham

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Last night marked the last time we sleep in the RV at Markham park during our adventure. It wouldn't be the same if it didn't end with us laying in bed while Jason slept and I watched TV. Out of the corner of my eye I saw something move. A frog! Seriously? I thought we were done with this. I screamed for Jason and my hero saved me. He scooped the frog into a cup like he has done in the past and threw him outside.

We took all day yesterday to purge the items not needed anymore in the RV and brought them to my dad's house which will ultimately end up being uhauled over to the Fort Myers area. It hasn't really hit me that we are about to be done with this journey. Jason goes away this weekend for a camping trip while I head to Naples to spend some time with my cousins. I think it will hit me when I go to pick Jason up from his dad's and we head back east. 

We will spend the few days between our trips and moving with my dad and Tammie. With Tara being gone, it opened the back bedroom for us. The plan is the rent the uhaul early on the 2nd, pack it up, and take off that night to the west coast. We will park it at his dad's while we do the walk through and closing on the 3rd. I am assuming the 3rd will consist of transferring the boxes from the uhaul to the garage and cleaning the house. If we work hard enough, maybe we can start painting by the 4th. I have high hopes. 

I feel like a kid going to school for the first day. I am excited to move into the new house but nervous it may be too much for us. Jason says I feel that way because of the bad experience we had with the first house. Maybe so. I chuck it up to this being the first time I have bought a house. Jason purchased his first 2 homes without me. I never got to find the house, select it, put an offer, sign the papers, and move in. I just moved right in. This time, I have tons of pressure on my shoulders. I found the house and Jason refused to look at it because of the 0.26 acre lot rather than the 1+ acre lot he desired. Will he resent me for it? I chose a house on the west coast when he preferred to stay local near friends and the Atlantic ocean. I think he will like being closer to his dad and their side of the family, but will he be upset with the distance from friends? Will I be able to get my design plans out of my head and execute them in the house just as I see them?

So many things are running through my head. Any advise?

No comments:

Post a Comment