Sunday, May 12, 2013

Crying while typing

I knew the day would eventually be here. You can't really plan for these things, they just kind of sneak up on you. It didn't really hit me until we arrived back at the RV from a Mother's Day lunch at my dad's house. I stood in the RV and looked at our dining table. All I could picture was Jason, Justin, Tara, and I sitting down eating dinner. The countless number of times they came and spent the day with us ending with a sit down dinner for the four of us. The boy would have spent all day mountain bike riding while Tara and I would talk and take the girls to the dog park to play. It hit me like a ton of bricks. What would we do in 3 days when we want to hang out with them and can't? I began to cry and could not stop.

Jason did his best to comfort me, telling me we could visit often. It just doesn't seem to be enough. I don't want to become holiday family members. I always in visioned our children growing up together. It's so hard to realize that is less likely now. It is my mission to not let that happen, but to keep us as close in spirit even if we can't be close in distance.

I truly am so excited for Justin and Tara, just so overcome with emotion. I am happy to see them live out their dreams, try something new, and follow their hearts. I am eager to watch their journey unfold as mine and Jason's is about to do as well. Although we may be 5 1/2 hours away in distance, Tara and Justin will always hold special places in our hearts. Not only because Tara is my sister, but because they truly have been our best friends for the past 6 months. We will miss them terribly.

I hope the pain becomes less and less as the days go by. I hope that my tears eventually dry up and my heart begins to heal. I pray they get everything they are searching for out of this adventure. After all, they did say 2013 was the year to live a more adventurous lifestyle. They are definitely living up to that resolution. I am so proud of them but am secretly hoping they eventually find their true home near us in Fort Myers, FL.


Crying while typing. . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment