Wednesday, May 8, 2013

A good memory to have

Monday, May 6, 2013

We have officially been approved for our home loan and have moved the closing date up a day to Monday, June 3rd. I can't believe in just 18 days we have found a house we LOVE, got our offer accepted, passed inspection and the appraisal, and have been approved for the loan. Wow! How our lives are changing so quickly.

On May 16th, it will be our 6th month in the RV. Time has not flown by nor stood still. I feel like living in the RV has given us the freedom to pack up (pun intended) and do what we want. We have visited family more in the last 6 months than we did in the first 3 years of being married. We have gone and stayed with friends for a week straight and have truly learned to stop and smell the roses. I've never noticed more sunsets in my life. Getting time to spend with Taylor everyday at the dog park makes my heart melt. Watching Jason bike down the road towards the trails puts a smile on my face knowing he is happy. Our lives were never this joyous before the RV. We were stressed and miserable. We thought we had all we needed to be happy, but we didn't even know what happiness was until now.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

I went to storage today with Tara and my dad. With 4 kids and a wife who keeps all her children's baby stuff, my dad needed a storage unit. He used to have 2, but is now down to 1 10X10 unit. Tara hadn't been to storage in quite a while. I had recently been with Tammie to help clear out some junk, mostly mine. Box after box, Tara and I went through it all. Old photos and childhood memorabilia. We just laughed and joked about the stupid crap we used to think we cool. I absolutely need to keep AIM conversations. Hilarious. My dad stayed for a little. He helped do all the heavy lifting. That's what dads are for. He joined in on our Spanish accent conversation that Tara and I indulge ourselves in from time to time, but then left to run a few errands while Tara and I finished up.



The dumpster is always a thrill at storage. Watching Tara and I lift these heavy boxes over our heads and make it in the dumpster is always comical. My favorite part was watching Tara admire the roll of carpet left in the corner by someone else. She was definitely eyeing it. We sat out front of the storage facility for about 15 minutes before my dad came back to pick us up. I was remembering being 15 again waiting for our parents to come before we ever had cars of our own.



It had been a while since Tara and I went to lunch with our dad. Where else could we go other than Arbys of course. I remember going to Arbys with my dad when we were young and getting 5 for $5. Those were the good old days. Pretty soon Tara will be off to Orange Park and I will be gone to Fort Myers. Probably never going to get together just the 3 of us for lunch. It's a nice memory to have. Glad we got the chance to spend the day together.


No comments:

Post a Comment