Wednesday, April 24, 2013

What a day!

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

What a day we had! We celebrated last night at Outback with Richie and Heather to acceptance of our offer. It was so nice spending the past week hanging out with them. I felt like we were on vacation the entire time.



Waking up this morning knowing we had an accepted offer on our dream house was such an incredible feeling. We were like 2 little kids on Christmas morning. A quick breakfast at the rv and a scramble to get all the paperwork together. Today was also the day we would be leaving the West Palm area and needed to pack everything up. Although excited, there was very little I could do because I was so sick. Jason worked on the outside of the rv while I locked up the inside items for traveling. 

We finally were able to pull out of their yard and onto the open road. Well, onto the 2 lane road that was leading us to a much needed gas station and Staples. I was driving with a range of 24 miles left of fuel and we had a revised contract needing to be printed, signed, and faxed by 5:00pm. Seeing at it was 3:15pm and town was 20 minutes away, we needed to haul butt. The Office Depot we went to the day before was completely out of the question. We found our way to Staples and Jason ran in to get the process started while stood outside with Taylor. I could see him through the store windows, but couldn't go in to help. Finally Jason comes running out the door, tells me to run in and sign the papers. He grabs Taylor's leash and I run in. I am standing at the counter signing every page trying to follow his signature and I notice a new set of initials on the pages. Could these be his initials and I should duplicate mine there or are these someone elses and now I am screwing it all up? I decide to sign pretty much everywhere I see an opening and just crossed my fingers that I did it correctly.

It was now my turn to run outside to fetch Taylor while he ran back in to finish. I thought. . . how ridiculous we must look to an onlooker. I found the manager, explained out situation, and begged to allow us to bring Taylor inside the store while we signed the documents. Without hesitation he said, "Yeah the old people do it all the time." Here I am worried about bringing her inside this whole time and it's been perfectly fine. So Taylor went right in the shopping cart and straight to the counter.


Obsessed with that face!

There was a You Fax area at this store. We set up all 14 pages of the new contract, punched in the #, and crossed our fingers that it goes through. Again. . . another slow fax machine. Lucky us. We finally received a confirmation page just as the 4:00 hour hit. We confirmed the listing agent received it and we could finally breathe a sigh of relief one more time.

Off to find gas. My car stated a 4 mile range before we were pushing. That really meant 2. Across the street we flew and filled up just in time. It seems like God tests us when we are at our most likely to freak out. He must think we can take it, because He loves to just pile it all on. Now during at rush hour traffic, we are ready to hit the highway and head back to Markham park. Perfect! I lose Jason within the first 10 minutes. He hit a bit of wind and slowed down the truck and rv to 55mph. I slowed down a bit and tried to get cars to go around me so I could meet up with Jason again. A lovely Ashley Furniture truck decided to tailgate me less than a car length apart for 6 exits. Well Mr. truck driver, I like to break check and that I did. He backed off a bit, but then got comfortable right on my butt again. He finally switched lanes to pass me. As he did, he looked in his side mirror and shook his head at me. Look buddy. . . I am on the Turnpike during rush hour doing 65 mph. It maybe 5 under the speed limit, but I'm not doing 40 mph. The shaking of the head and dirty look ticked me off. . . until he drove pass me enough for me to see his How is my driving? sign. Well. . . don't mind if I do call that phone number and give them that handy identification number plastered on the back door of your truck. I did just that. Maybe now you'll learn not to tailgate jerk.

There was no finding Jason in a sea of cars. I took off ahead, ordered pizza for dinner, went and picked it up as well as mailed the escrow check before meeting up at the site. We missed the park while gone the past 3 weeks. So glad to have a nice paved site. Jason hates parking in the dirt now. He's getting spoiled :) Grandma and Grandpa Suggs as well as mom will be traveling down this weekend for Tara's graduation. They will be parking their rv in the spot next to us. It should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment