Friday, April 12, 2013

Change of plans

There is never a set plan with my husband. It's something I struggle with everyday. Although he has taught me to loosen up and go with the flow a bit more than I would like, I still like my calendar and set plans. We were suppose to leave Markham park on April 9th and head to West Palm Beach to stay with some of our friends and check out the area. Well. . . change of plans. We took off April 8th to West Palm heading North on the Sawgrass expressway. I drove my car ahead of Jason while he towed the RV behind me. We were a bit nervous driving the RV with a busted slide. Friends of ours advised us to get a slide locking bar to prevent an vacuum reaction a semi may have on the RV. Luckily the slide stayed in even with the broken cable.

There was a bit of an issue along our travels, but not with the slide. I looked in my rear view mirror and noticed Jason pulling off the the shoulder. OMG. I immediately pull off to the shoulder as well and jump out to see what was wrong. The front door was wide open as I ran to him. Cars are zooming past us and Taylor is frantically sticking her head out the window trying to keep me in her line of sight. Jason said he noticed the front door starting to open up. Right before he pulled over it swung completely open. So scary. He likes to drive with the front door unlocked in case he wants to run in while we pull over. I always ask to lock the door. . . we will from now on. We shut and locked the door and headed on our way.

Heather and Richie's neighbors definitely heard us pull in as we screamed at one another about how to pull the RV into the narrow driveway. He of course wanted to back the RV in while I saw the ease of just pulling it in forward. Jason got his way and we finally were able to back the RV into the designated spot. We quickly unhooked and headed to Ocala to see Jason's mom. He had been wanting to get up there, see his mom, and pick up the trailer and 4-wheelers. So again. . . change of plans. . . to Ocala we went. It was so nice driving the truck without the RV attached. So much easier.

We made it up to Ocala around 730pm. We talked the whole way up. We tend to not listen to the radio on road trips. It actually is where we make most of our long term plans. I love it. Ocala was a nice getaway. It's always nice spending time with family. Danny, Jason's brother, even made it up for a night. I know Jason had been dying to spend time with him. We spent a lot of our time catching up on little projects, i.e.; getting an oil change in the truck and prepping the trailer to haul the 4-wheelers home.

We went to a few great places while in Ocala, a restaurant on the water for dinner and Santos park for mountain biking. I was super proud of myself for riding the trails (even if they were the beginner ones). I even hit a few jumps and cleared a narrow bridge.




That's me at the bottom of the cliff waiting for Jason to finish a jump.






Our drive home was enjoyable minus the horrible weather. Luckily it just hovered over us instead of slowing us down. We pulled into West Palm around 1030pm and started setting up the RV. We tripped our friend's breaker multiple times. The AC in our RV draws too much energy for their box. We finally were able to get partial air coming for the bedroom AC unit, just enough to fall asleep.

Jason had to leave super early in the morning for work. We mapped out the back roads he needed to take and estimated his trip to be about an hour and a half. I woke up and turned off the bedroom AC. With the AC off, I would be able to plug my computer and phone in as well as turn on the TV. That was the good news. The bad news was no AC. I sat there for 4 hours until I couldn't take it anymore. With a temperature of 84 degrees in the RV and no circulation, I was out of there. I packed my bags and headed to my parent's house. By time I finished loading the car with dirty laundry and an overnight bag the RV thermostat read 90 degrees. No way in heck I would be staying there. Lets hope we get the issue under control and allows us to be comfortable again.


No comments:

Post a Comment