Saturday, April 27, 2013

2 little kids on Christmas

Friday, April 26, 2013

We begin the motions again. Offer, contract, inspection, appraisal, etc. With my sister Tara graduating with her master's degree, I will be attending her ceremony on Monday while Jason will head straight to the new house from work for the inspection. June 4th is our official closing date. I don't know if I am more nervous or excited. I know for sure that I am excited to get in the house and start decorating. I look at Pinterest every day for ideas. I do however feel a bit nervous for some reason. Not sure if it's because we will be home owners again or because when we sold our house, we sold a majority of our furniture. I am a tad concerned with the amount of money we will need to replace all of those items. Couches, a television, a mattress, a lawnmower, a grill, patio furniture, even dishes (we gave our set to Tara and Justin for their new apartment).

I have so many decorating ideas. Browsing the countless number of blogs inspires me, but also discourages me at the same time. Can I duplicate a room as beautiful as they did? I hope so. I guess these are the "starting out" stories our parent's talked about. We were so spoiled with the first house. Our moms gave us their hammy down couches. My mom gave us our grill, patio furniture, lawnmower, fire pit, etc. We inherited a countless number of kitchen gadgets that were eventually reduced over the last 3 years. Now we are basically starting from scratch and having to work our way up.

I grow more and more appreciative as the days go by and we get closer to closing. I look at the pictures online and can't believe the house we bought. How did we get so lucky to find something so perfect for us? Jason and I are going to act like two little kids on Christmas morning when we get those keys.

Thursday, April 27, 2013

In my opinion, Founder's Day should be a national holiday. It is always a day full of fun for Cooper City residents. Although we sold our Cooper City home back in November, our drivers license still say Cooper City (and no not because I didn't change our address but because my dad's address is our official mailing address and on our IDs). Our tradition starts with getting our Founder's Day shirts ahead of time. Every year the lady tells us we are suppose to run in the morning race if we get our shirts early. Okay lady! Like I am going to run. . .

We used to pack a bag, grab our chairs, and walk from the old house to the parade route. This time posed a bit of a challenge. We picked Tara, Justin, and my little sister Briana up from my parent's house. We drove this time, parked, and found a great shady spot. It was Justin and Lacey's first Founder's Day. The parade is typically my favorite part of the day. Vintage fire trucks, tons of smiling optimist teams, girl scouts, etc. Candy is thrown from all directions and water guns are just the perfect way to cool off (not according to Taylor though).





My grandparents are in town for Tara's graduation. They are actually parked right next to us. My mom is on her way down as well. It will be nice to spend a bit of time with the 3 of them. Tomorrow we will be going to a graduation dinner for my sister. I can't believe in just a few shorts days her and Justin will be packing their things and moving north to the Jacksonville area. It's going to suck being spread out all over the state. Maybe if Jason and I have a baby people will be more likely to visit :)

 Our sign.


Grandma and Grandpa's RV next to ours


Another incredible sunset


No comments:

Post a Comment