Saturday, February 23, 2013

Kind of in a slump

Pardon the following statements while I vent. . .

Jason and I decided to sell our gorgeous home and purchase an RV with the hopes of traveling all over the state, seeking out potential neighborhoods we would consider moving to. Other trips would be to visit family and explore our great country. After 3 months of living in the RV, we have become stagnant. We basically live at Markham park. . . and I am ready for a change. Do we head towards Naples to start looking or head North to explore the Treasure Coast? Do we plan a trip to the Keys like I have been dying to do?

I find myself sitting in the RV during those days that Jason works. With the recent snowboarding trip and surprise party, he has been picking up additional shifts, thus leaving me sitting bored at home. Most people would die to be in my position. I am aware. Don't take my venting as not being appreciative. I find when I have nothing to consume my time, I fall into a depression. Photo shoots have been limited, but seem to be picking up. I started considering getting a job just to keep my mind sharp.

I read about all these 'full timers' who live in RV's with children. They are always occupied doing something with their time and day. I don't have a child to occupy my day. A child is not what we need right now regardless of its ability to get me out of this slum.

This has happened to be me before. It happened right when we got married and I moved into the 8860 house. I didn't get the teaching job, went from an extremely chaotic home to the exact opposite. When I have things like planning the wedding, fixing the house up, selling the house, packing, finding an RV, etc. I am able to work 'like a machine' as Jason would say. When I don't have things constantly requiring my time, I fall into a slum. I wish I had enough motivation to work out and get in shape. Without a job, I have the luxury of going whenever I want. . . but the problem is I don't want to :( Working out is not fun. . . as much as Jason may disagree.

For now I will concentrate on booking photo shoots and getting back in the game. I actually just had a 14-year-old's birthday party last night. I felt needed again. That was huge! I also am appreciative of a new found friend's interest. Walking the mall and having lunch with a friend should help as well.

Don't take my venting as me wanting sympathy. I am a very lucky girl and have such an incredible husband who has allowed me to stay home and focus on our family. I just need everyone's prayers that I find something to not only occupy my time, but to make me feel important again and get me out of this slump.

No comments:

Post a Comment