Thursday, February 7, 2013

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

It's been almost 1 whole week since I've seen my hubby. A week since I've slept in my bed. A week since I've taken Taylor to the dog park. The entire time I have been here visiting my mom, I have been extremely lazy. Sleeping in late, just letting the dog out back to pee (no walks), not doing laundry, etc. I find that when you live in a location that experiences a bit of seasons like Orange Park, FL does, it's hard to want to be outside when everything is dead, dreary, and cold. We spent 6 hours outside in 38 degree weather while Dustin played in a baseball tournament. Most fun 6 hours of my life. . . I did get a call from Jason while I was there. That allowed me to break away from the stands and walk the fields. He mentioned buying gloves while at the lodge and being on a coffee break. He seemed to be having fun and loving his time out there. Him happy makes me happy. The best part about the ball field was the food. I was so excited when the guy started cooking. The smell of hamburgers at 10:30am is fabulous. No really, it is! 2 cheeseburgers and an order of fries later, the tournament was over.

I have spoken with Jason a handful of times while we have been apart. He spends most of his days on the slopes. With the 2 hour time difference it seems that when I am able to talk, he would be eating or still out. The pictures posted online are incredibly beautiful. Maybe one day I will make it out there with him. . . minus the 10 other dudes :)










For those of you who re interested in the RV aspect of our lives, I forgot to mention my drive up here and all the RV's on the road. I must have saw 50 class A RV's (that is the bus looking kind), 40 5th wheels (that is like ours and it hooks into the back of the truck bed) mostly pulled by Chevy trucks just like Jason's thank you very much :), about 15 travel trailers (I was so worried about their swaying with all the wind), a few class C's (city shuttle looking things), a few campers that fit in the back of the truck, and even 5 mini trailers being pulled by cars. I couldn't believe it. I did see a truck pulling a 5th wheel which pulled a trailer. ILLEGAL! In the state of Florida, you are not allow to double tow. Please, it's been my only saving grace when it comes to Jason wanting to purchase and drag along with us a scooter or golf cart.

I had the opportunity to meet up with an old friend from school this trip. After years of not seeing one another and neither of us really remembering why we lost touch, we met up. It was just like old times. I wasn't sure how I would react when I first saw her. Would I start tearing up with excitement or be nervous and not myself. . . As soon as she pulled up and I saw her huge smile, I felt like no time at all had passed. She brought along her adorable daughter. Such a happy baby. We walked the park and caught up on everything. What happened after high school? How did you meet your husband? What has become of your family? We spoke about everything. It was weird to see our lives kind of ending up the same way. Went to school for education. Decided not to continue with it but be stay at home moms instead. Married extremely active guys. . . etc. I wish we lived closer.


Today I am packing up things at my mom's and making the 5 hour car ride back south with Taylor. Jason's flight gets in at 11:00pm and I am so excited to see him. We pick up the RV from storage tomorrow and bring it back to Markham. I am super excited for the site we have this time around. A huge grass area further back in the park away from all the traffic. It overlooks the water and all the sunsets, but should be far enough away to not be bothered by the jet skis and boats. I am just excited to get our life back. . . well, started. Jason seems to be extremely excited to start looking for an area to move to and try for a baby. I am excited as well, just a bit more cautious. Worried about the money we are going to have to come up with for the house and all things that come with pregnancy. I guess we should just leave the planning up to the big Guy and go along for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment