Saturday, March 30, 2013

Move It Or Lose It Sister

Busy Busy Busy! I have been extremely busy. I by no means am complaining. 3 photo shoots in less than 24 hours is definitely good for business. I have been so blessed with incredible friends. Not only do they trust me with capturing their special moments, but they refer others to me trusting I can do the same for them. I have recently ordered new business cards, t-shirts, and other promotional items for the business.
What do you think?


Our camp site started to become annoying. The constant shutting off of the power and the persistent dirt that just seemed to continuously make its way into the RV were becoming too much. Jason transferred our spot early to a paved site further back in the park.

We were so happy with our new site, seeing as it was 2 sites away from my sister Tara and her boyfriend Justin. Justin's father recently purchased a class A (bus) RV and were testing it out post purchase. It was so much fun having them nearby at all times. In the mornings, the dogs would both be outside around the same time. Taylor would take off running towards Lacey.

Between our site and Tara and Justin's site happened to be a church group. 30+ children tent camping for 4 full days. Song time was early in the morning and although I am happy to hear 'I am a C-H-R-I-S-T-I-A-N' coming out of their mouths, I am not that excited about it being at 8am. The group had booked a tree lined spot full of tree roots and shade. Of course the kids wanted to be out in the sunshine playing in the nearby field. Thus field happened to be our campsite. Perfect. I don't mind kids using our site to play here and there, but this is technically our backyard and you're in it. I went out one time asking that they stay clear of the cars as some were getting extremely close (I think even sitting on the bumper). They respectfully said okay and moved. The next day I see them back at our site only this time with a football. They would throw the ball back and forth towards our RV and away for the RV. On multiple occasions the ball would come lose hitting our folding table, the RV itself, and our grill. Kids would run so close to the RV that they would be on our paved site (10ft wide total). I went out for the second time and asked that they throw the football in the other direction. Day 3 came around and they were back at it again. The final straw to break the camel's back was when one of the little boys came over to our site, picked up our axe, and started walking away with it!!!!! I ran to the door, swung it opened, and in my best teacher voice said "PUT THAT DOWN!" The little boy set the axe down and walked away with his head down. What a safety issue. He would chop his foot off and we would get sued. Ridiculous.

We met a great military family of 4 while at our new spot. They were tent campers and just here for a few days while the kids were on spring break. I loved sitting at the dining room table watching them interact. Bikes, kites, balls, etc. It looked like so much fun.

We were switching sites again due to another RV coming into our spot. Check out time is 1pm and check in time is 3pm. While I sat at our site with coffee in hand watching Taylor sniff around, a lady approached me saying, "Excuse me." As I turned around, I noticed her walking towards me very aggressively. I responded with a "Hi" and a "Yes?" She comes within 2 feet of where I sat looking down at me like I were in trouble. She says "We are suppose to be moving into this spot today. Are you planning on leaving?" "Yes, I said. We have to be out by 1pm. What time is it?" She didn't know the time but I chimed in with a "I think it's around noon. We should be out by 1." She tells me "Well we are already checked in." That's funny seeing as we aren't even suppose to be gone yet and check in is at 3pm lady. So that is exactly what I told her. She didn't seem to like that and decided to reply with a bitchy "We are parked right over their waiting." What nerve some of these people have. Look, I know you want to get in the spot, but you aren't suppose to be here until 3. She ran back and told her husband that we would be out by 1. He decided to be just as big of a jerk as she and swing their RV right around the circle, backing it into our spot right next to us. I couldn't believe it. What never they had. Thank goodness Jason was out to the gas station on a monster run because he would have been pissed.

We ended up pulling out at exactly 12:59pm. I was so proud of us. We came over to our new spot, unhitched, and set up in less than a half hour. We are really getting good at this. Wouldn't you know it. . . as we are setting up, the bitchy couple who are moving into our old spot come walking by. Not in a rush anymore huh? I hope we don't get cranky like that when we are their age.

No comments:

Post a Comment