Thursday, March 14, 2013

5 seconds of fun for $2.00

I am not sure if it has to do with the station change or just a weird coincidence. . . but my husband came home from shift a different person. 3/11/13 was his first shift back out at the Big Cypress reservation. It has been quite a few years since he has been on shift out there. He came home happy, not stressed, and although he did still take a nap, it was a much shorter one. He talked all about how great his day was, even with a few bumps that arose. He just seemed to be in an overall better mood. Hopefully this continues.

Last night Jason and I took a much needed date night. We set out on 595 east bound. As we approached the airport, we noticed a group of police officers blocking a large portion of the road. As we slowly drove past, I saw what looked to be debris in the road. It seemed as if there were red wet rags scattered all over. It then appeared to be a larger piece with a huge chunk out of it. Brace yourself. . . I realized it was a body. . . and the rags were really just body parts. I freaked out. I have never seen anything like that before. I immediately called out that it was just a sack of tomatoes mashed on the ground. I figured this would delete the images I just saw and replace them with a sack of tomatoes. My lovely husband responds with. . . maybe it was a dog and not a person (like that was suppose to make me feel better). NOOO!!! It's a sack of tomatoes! Goodness gracious. I had to continue to reminding myself of the tomatoes throughout the night whenever the accident would pop into my head.

We continued east bound on 595 and ultimately returned to his birthday party location, the Quarterdeck on the Dania pier. Halfway through the meal I asked about our loyalty card and the points from his party converting into cash. . . $35.00 worth of points :) So dinner was basically free and of course delicious. A stop at 7-11 after dinner for a Monster and 2 scratch off tickets. Jason wanted me to win big. . . He should have picked better tickets then because we didn't win anything. Actually, we lost $2.00. Since we ate dinner for free I didn't mind the 5 seconds of fun that $2.00 bought. More so, just the simple fact that he thought I would like the idea. I did!

I had been wanting to go to Jaxson's ice cream for a while, but can never bring ourselves to drive all the way out there. Since we were close, we headed that way. Luckily, they seemed to be open when we pulled up. As we approached the building, lights flashing and all (just taunting me), the little old man who has been there forever stands at the door and points us to the pick up window. No! I want to go inside and eat. I want the full experience, not just the window. Jason approaches the guy and he reluctantly cracks the door, just enough for Jason to ask "What are you hours?" The guy looks at his watch and say a quarter to 11. That's funny. It's exactly a quarter to 11. Well played little man, well played. I didn't want to waste our trip on the pick up window, so we left. . . without any ice cream :(

Not wanting to go straight home, we tried to figure out what to do with the rest of our night. Jason's friend OJ text messaged us saying him and his girlfriend were bowling and we should come. Sounded like a great idea and seemed like a fun way to complete our night. It definitely was a good night. I won both games beating everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment